Fun for Kids: Chalk Spray

Hi 30 Days fans! I am Beckie from Infarrantly Creative and Knock Off Décor. I am a think-outside-the-box crafter and DIY’er and today I am here to show you a summer fun idea to do with your kidlets. I love chalk. It is so fun to watch my kids make designs on our driveway. But it is sooooo messy, isn’t it? Besides the guaranteed bath after chalk time you also have to do a load of laundry. Well here is a pretty mess-free solution to your child’s creativity. Chalk Spray!

Fun for kids:

DSC_1097

Supplies:

1 tsp. washable tempura paint

1 cup of hot water

1/2 cup of cornstarch

squirt of dishwashing liquid

1 squirt bottle

1. Add cornstarch to one cup of hot water whisking to mix so that there are no clumps. 2. Add one teaspoon of washable tempura paint and a quirt of dishwashing liquid. Mix well. 3. Pour it into your squirt bottles and shake well. Watch your kids enjoy making designs and pictures on your driveway. I always spray my driveway down when we are done. After you let your spray sit a while it will separate. Shake it really well before you use it each time. DSC_0955DSC_0975DSC_0946DSC_0965 Here are some more summer fun ideas if you want to come to my house for a little bit: Windproof Picnic QuiltDSC_0133_thumbInterchangable Flip Flop Embellishmentsdecorated-flip-flops-30_thumbPaper Bag Pinatapaper-bag-pinata-2_thumb
I started reading Infarrantly Creative a loooooong time ago. Beckie inspired me with her roadkill rescue series and her blog story.
Thank you so much for sharing your ideas to keep the summer fun with kids Beckie!

Looking for other fun kid ideas?  Check these out:
CRAFTS

ACTIVITIES

Comments

Can’t even tell you how THRILLED I am to have found this idea! My little boy LOVES using a spray bottle and we love sidewalk chalk- this recipe is such an awesome combo!! Absolutely trying this tomorrow! Thanks so much for sharing :)

2. paula Fogle says

Did I take a wrong turn when making the spray chalk because mine was super thick. I added about another 1 1/2 cups, but it still wasn’t a consistency that would work in a spray bottle. Help!

3. Stephanie says

The kids and I were a bit disappointed with this project… the sprayers, I guess were too cheap…. or clogged? not sure. and we used crayola washable paints and it needed way more than a tsp. :)

4. Erica says

I made the chalk spray and it turned out beautifully, but it does not come off the concrete so easily. Will i in time come off or do you have to use a special cleaner? I used my hose and a hard bristle broom and it didn’t come off. ?????

5. Kerri says

This was Great idea, but did not work at all. There was way too much cornstarch so it was very very thick! What a bummer.

6. Serena Colleges says

Hey! This looks awesome and I was hoping to use this idea for a project. Do you know long the mix takes to dry?

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue together with your
    web ste in web explorer, might test this? IEnonetheless
    is the markdt leader annd a large portion of folks will leeave out your
    wonderful writing because of tgis problem.

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your fewd and look forward to seeking more off yoour wonderful
    post. Also, I have sjared your website in my social
    networks!

9. Ron Turner says

Hi Beckie,

Love your site and good ideas for parents to make for kids.

I have made a waterfall for my grand children and was wondering if you would like me to send a photo for your website.. Its made from old milk cartons, plastic tubing and bits and pieces.

Kind regards,