This past Sunday I spent a lot of time in my kitchen baking. I got to go to church in my pjs and the oven was put to good use. One of the things that I made was Banana Bread.
This recipe is moist and delicious! It might have something to do with the cream cheese in the batter…..hmmmm……I made mine with pecans and a yummy nut topping but that is optional.
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 medium over ripe bananas
- 1 c. chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon Crisp Topping
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at time, just until blended. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt) in a separate bowl. Then gradually add to the butter/cream cheese mix at a low speed until just blended.
- Mash bananas and stir into mix.
- Add pecans (optional) and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Watch the bread, if it starts to brown, add tin foil for the last 15 mins to avoid too much browning.
- Cool for 10 mins, remove from the pans onto wire racks and cool for 30 mins before slicing.
- Optional topping:
- Stir ingredients together.
- Prepare the batter above.
- Spoon into pans.
- Sprinkle mix evenly over batter.
- Bake and cool as directed above.
If you make this bread- awesome! But if you want to share it, please link back here instead of posting the recipe and/or directions. Thanks so much- enjoy!
I linked this post up to WhipperBerry’s Friday Flair!