I had some leftover zucchini in the fridge which is really unusual for our family. We love zucchini! Making bread with the leftover zucchini seemed like the perfect Sunday afternoon activity. This zucchini bread with brown sugar topping hit the spot.
When my sister-in-law was in town last month, we made banana bread. She shared a great quick tip with me. After spraying your pans with cooking spray, sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar mix into the bottom. Swirl it around. Dispose of the excess. Then pour the batter into the loaf pan. This gives it a sugary, yummy crust to the bread.
I used to reaaally not like zucchini when I was little. My Mom would make it as a side dish with dinner and I did not want a single piece. Now as an adult it is one of my go to’s. I can’t get enough. Not sure why I couldn’t stand it so much as a kid! Making this bread is perfect because it’s sweet and tasty with vegetables too. Yay!
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Zucchini Bread Recipe
While there are tons of zucchini bread recipes out there, this one is definitely my favorite. So good!
Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Topping
- 3 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c zucchini grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c flour
- ¼ c butter softened
- *Cinnamon Sugar for the pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3 c flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture, and blend well.
- Use cooking spray to grease 2 loaf pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar into each pan.
- Move pan around to cover with cinnamon sugar.
- Shake excess cinnamon sugar off before pouring batter into prepared pans.
For the topping:
- Mix brown sugar and ½ c flour.
- Cut in ¼ c butter until entire mixture is crumbly and combined.
- Sprinkle top of batter with crumbs.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Can add tin foil for the last 15 minutes to prevent browning too much.