Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken (6 Ingredient Meal)

One of these days I’ll have nice relaxing afternoons with all the time in the world to cook. Right now that’s not the case. I feel like I’m running from one activity to the next. On those days, my slow cooker comes to the rescue. This ridiculously simple recipe is another family favorite with very little effort.

One of our all time favorite slow cooker meals: Zesty Italian Chicken.  Only 6 ingredients and to simple to make! www.thirtyhandmadedays.comMy friend Nicole passed this recipe on to me over ten years ago.  I made it right away and it was a hit.  It’s one of those “set it and forget it” kind of things.  Gosh I love my slow cooker.  There are days that I kick myself for not using it.  Most days.  The problem is, it takes just a little bit of planning.  But then once it’s set for the morning, I’m good to go! What about you? Do you use your slow cooker often?

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

Ingredients

• 4 boneless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 pkg Good Seasons zesty Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 pkg cream cheese
  • 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt (optional)

Instructions

• Place chicken in crock pot.
  • Pour Zesty Italian dressing over chicken.
  • Blend soup, milk, cream cheese and seasoning salt (optional) and add to the slow cooker.
  • Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
  • Serve over rice or noodles (we love both but prefer noodles).
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

I’ve made it with rice (and use my rice cooker) a million times but every time I make this with noodles I love it all the more.  Either way works for sure though.
One of our all time favorite slow cooker meals: Zesty Italian Chicken.  Only 6 ingredients and to simple to make! from www.thirtyhandmadedays.comAdmittedly this is another — might-not-look-the-best-meal.   But it’s simple, it tastes good and all five people will eat it.  So it passes my test.  Done and done.

Looking for other simple slow cooker meals?   Here you go:
Delicious Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage Soup - perfect chilly day meal www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Tortellini Soup

Salsa Chicken
Baked Potato Soup
Baked Potato Soup

Comments

LOVE all the recipes you post – you totally cook how I cook so needless to say every recipe I’ve made of yours has been a hit with the fam! Can’t wait to try this one!

2. Britney says

We tried this on Sunday. It is my new favorite crockpot chicken! Soooo delicious! The chicken was so moist, it just fell apart. The family loved it too. Thank you for posting the recipe!

Hi! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Do you make the italian dressing or just pour the mix out of the packet on top of the chicken?

These recipes look delish but I am gone 9-10 hours for work and all I have checked have cook times of 6-8 hours. Are there any slow cooker chicken recipes you suggest for extended hours that don’t require stirring and won’t taste dried out?

• Tanya says

Maybe try putting your crock pot on low and cooking it at that temp. My crock pot’s “warm” is a perfect temperature for this amount of time.

5. Tanya says

I have FIVE picky eaters and they ALL ate this yummy Italian chicken with noodles. I am so glad I found your recipes, thank you!!

6. Iesha Williams says

I am so going to try this recipe. I have 4 children ages 2,5,9,11. Between school work cleaning the house going to church and what ever activities that they’re involved in I really don’t have time to cook elaborate meals.I also have a husband who does not cook but is looking for a meal when he gets in from work. So this will be a great meal to add to my list of recipes. Thank you :) :) :)

7. Kirstie says

In Australia I haven’t been able to find dry packets of dressing mix. Only bottles of liquid dressing. How much would I substitute dry for liquid do you think? Thanks

8. Katie says

This has been one of my favorite recipes for a very long time. Perfect for family dinners, care package meals, you name it. It feels homey :-) and we like the penne pasta noodles best, the kiddos love how the sauce fills the middle of the noodles