One of these days I’ll have nice relaxing afternoons with all the time in the world to cook. Right now that’s not the case. I feel like I’m running from one activity to the next. On those days, my slow cooker comes to the rescue. This ridiculously simple recipe is another family favorite with very little effort.
My friend Nicole passed this recipe on to me over ten years ago. I made it right away and it was a hit. It’s one of those “set it and forget it” kind of things. Gosh I love my slow cooker. There are days that I kick myself for not using it. Most days. The problem is, it takes just a little bit of planning. But then once it’s set for the morning, I’m good to go! What about you? Do you use your slow cooker often?
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg Good Seasons zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 c. milk
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt (optional)
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Pour Zesty Italian dressing over chicken.
- Blend soup, milk, cream cheese and seasoning salt (optional) and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles (we love both but prefer noodles).
Admittedly this is another — might-not-look-the-best-meal. But it’s simple, it tastes good and all five people will eat it. So it passes my test. Done and done.
Looking for other simple slow cooker meals? Here you go:
Baked Potato Soup