Years ago I visited my aunt who made the best meal – Sweet and Sour Chicken. I asked her for the recipe and it has become one of our family favorites. It doesn’t take a whole lot of preparation and the end result is totally worth it.
This is another meal that hits the spot on a cold, windy day. Mmmmm…. and it smells absolutely delicious. My oldest is a very picky eater- he sort of inspects everything before he will take a bite. This is one of the guaranteed meals he will eat.
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 5-6 tsp. Worchestichire sauce
- 2 c. pineapple juice
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. flour
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- Saute chopped onion and bell pepper.
- Combine ketchup, garlic salt, pepper, W.s. sauce, pineapple juice (reserved from can of pineapple chunks), brown sugar and flour in a separate pan and heat until thickened.
- Add sauted onion, bell pepper and pineapple chunks.
- Pour mix over chicken and place in oven at 350 for 1 to 1½ hours til chicken is done. Serve over white rice.
Looking for other family favorites? These top our list: