This recipe for Creamy Ritz Chicken Bake recipe needs to be in your go to recipe book. It’s on my top list for chicken bake recipes. Yum!
I love to collect recipes that are tried and true. My little binder that I keep them all in is a testament of that! There are plenty of scribbled notes and recipes on scrap pieces of paper and even the backs of receipts. That’s how you know they are the good ones! It’s comfort food at it’s finest and with school in session, everyone needs a tasty go to meal to put on the table during the week.
My three little boys love to eat this over rice and I make sure to serve a great salad or other wonderful veggie along side it. When dinner is done, there are rarely any leftovers. It’s super creamy and savory and I love the added dried French onions added into the crumb top mixture. It gives it a bit more crunch!
Not only is this a great weeknight meal for your family, but it’s perfect to take to someone who is need of a comforting dinner. I’ve taken this bake over to friends who have just had babies or recently had surgery. To make it easy on myself I will buy a bagged salad, a loaf of bread, maybe a fruit salad and a half gallon of ice cream for dessert!
There was also a time in my life where I had a bit more time to create freezer meals. This recipe was definitely included in that. Our family was a bit smaller so I would divide it in half and make 2 8×8 casseroles out of it. It freezes really well and really comes together in a breeze. Most of all, I like to buy rotisserie chicken from Costco to cut down on my cooking time. Just take the meat off the bones and shred it. You could also make a bunch of chicken ahead of time in the crock pot and keep some on hand in the freezer. There’s a great tutorial over HERE you can check out more about that!
Needless to say, this recipe is one for your recipe books! Go ahead and print it off, make it and let me know what you think!
Creamy Ritz Chicken Bake Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts Cooked and Shredded
- 28 oz Cream Of Chicken Soup (2 14 oz cans)
- 1 c Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 30 Ritz Crackers (1 sleeve) Crushed
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 c Dried French Onions
- 2 tbsp Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, soup, sour cream and pepper.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together crackers, poppy seeds, french onions and butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over chicken mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until casserole is golden brown and bubbly.
- Let it set for 10 minutes before serving.
Other baked chicken recipes you might like: