One of the things I look forward most to on March 17th is St Patrick’s Day food! This snack mix will make your holiday a little brighter.
Because I’m not Irish, I haven’t gotten into this holiday all that much. Except I do make sure that my kids wear green (no pinching please!) and I try to make a “green dinner.” I know that most St Patrick’s day food consists of corn beef and cabbage or stew. I haven’t made those for my family. I like to make quick and easy things like this St. Patrick’s Day Snack Mix.
This recipe is a “4, 3, 2, 1” kind of recipe, with 4 cups of this, 3 cups of that and so on. Not only is it a quick and easy, kid-friendly recipe, but it’s also very adaptable.
I’ve shared several snack mix recipes here on 30days — Mint Chocolate Snack Mix (another good one for St. Patrick’s Day), Kettle Corn Snack Mix, and Zesty Ranch Goldfish Mix. You can gather your favorite ingredients and mix them up for a simple treat. My kids love stuff like this as an after school snack too.
Here’s how you make this easy recipe:
- 4 c. Lucky Charms cereal
- 3 c. pretzels
- 2 c. peanuts
- 1 c. green M&M's
- ½ lb. (6 cubes) almond bark
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or waxed paper.
- Layer cereal, pretzels & peanuts.
- Gently toss so that the ingredients get well mixed together.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place almond bark and heat, according to package directions, until melted.
- Pour melted bark over the cereal mixture and gently toss until well coated.
- Immediately sprinkle M&M's over the top and lightly toss.
- Let the snack mix sit for 20-25 minutes or until the bark has set and is completely firm.
What do you do for St Patrick’s Day food?
You might like these St. Patrick’s Day recipes too: