Seasoned ground beef with lettuce, tomatoes, chips for crunch and a creamy dressing to top it off. This Taco Salad that I grew up on is the best!
I’ve seen variations of this taco salad floating around and recently I was just craving it. My Mom made this version for us growing up and I loved it. It’s simple to pull together with some basic ingredients plus an extra or two that you might need to pick up at the store. If you’re looking for a quick, delicious salad, this is the one for you.
I love being able to make the meals I grew up on for my family and having them equally love them as much as I did. It doesn’t always happen. That’s just the honest truth – things that I think my family will love, they don’t. I don’t share those recipes here. I file those away as ones not to make again. You win some, you lose some.
How to make taco salad:
Though there are different ways to prepare taco salad, there are a few things that are pretty standard no matter what type you make. For this recipe you will need:
- romaine lettuce
- ground beef (ground turkey can be used for a healthier version)
- taco seasoning packet
- shredded cheese
- sliced olives (optional)
- Catalina dressing
- wooden spoon
Other Taco Recipes:
If you love this easy Taco Salad recipe, you’re going to love these other taco recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice– great side with this salad!
- Beef Taco Bake
- Taco Soup
- 25 Recipes for Taco Tuesday from I Heart Naptime
Taco Salad Recipe
If you love this Taco Salad Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30daysblog
- approx 8 c. of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
- package of taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ c shredded cheese (more if you want it extra cheesy)
- 2 cups of Fritos
- 1 small can sliced olives (optional)
- 1 small bottle Catalina Dressing
- In a skillet, brown beef or turkey and drain. Set aside and cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, grated cheese, and olives.
- Prior to serving, add cooked ground beef /turkey and corn chips.
- Combine with other ingredients.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad mix and toss salad until the desired amount of dressing is used.