Seasoned ground beef with lettuce, tomatoes, chips for crunch and a creamy dressing to top it off. This Taco Salad that I grew up on is the best!
I’ve seen variations of this taco salad floating around and recently I was just craving it. My Mom made this version for us growing up and I loved it. I called her to make sure that I remembered the ingredients correctly. Everyone in my family approved even though they normally don’t love salads as the main dish for dinner. Winner!
I love being able to make the meals I grew up on for my family and having them equally love them as much as I did. It doesn’t always happen. That’s just the honest truth – things that I think my family will love, they don’t. I don’t share those recipes here. I file those away as ones not to make again. You win some, you lose some.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice– great side with this salad!
- Beef Taco Bake
- Taco Soup
- 25 Recipes for Taco Tuesday from I Heart Naptime
Taco Salad Recipe
An easy to make salad that your whole family will love!
- approx 8 c. of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
- package of taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ c shredded cheese (more if you want it extra cheesy)
- 2 cups of Fritos
- 1 small can sliced olives (optional)
- 1 small bottle Catalina Dressing
- In a skillet, brown beef or turkey and drain. Set aside and cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, grated cheese, and olives.
- Prior to serving, add cooked ground beef /turkey and corn chips.
- Combine with other ingredients.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad mix and toss salad until the desired amount of dressing is used.