Labor Day passed (hope you had a fabulous day!) and I feel like I can finally post some Halloween fun. Monster Fruit Dip with Mouthy Apples are the perfect snack for your kids or a little side dish for a party. My kids got a kick out of the eyes in this easy to make dip. Over the next few weeks you’ll see several posts geared towards the cute/fun ideas for Halloween rather than the spooky/scary ones.
I love pistachio flavored things – this dip has a different taste than your average fruit dip. I found the edible eyes (Wilton brand) at Joann’s but have seen them at other stores and online as well.
- (1) 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- (1) small package pistachio instant pudding mix
- (1) 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- (1) package edible eyes
- Fruit - bananas, apples, raspberries, etc, cut up mouthy apples
- Mini marshmallows for apples
- Soften cream cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pistachio pudding mix.
- Add edible eyes for decoration.
- Cut red apples into quarters.
- Slice a triangle shape on the top of the skin of each slice and scoop out "meat" of the apple the leaving an open spot for marshmallows.
- Stuff marshmallows into the empty space.
- *Can use peanut butter to secure marshmallows onto the apples.
Are you ready for Halloween? I have some other fun ideas:
And did you see this cheesecake version of fruit dip that Lil Luna recently shared here? Mmmmmmm……