This One Pan Chicken Fiesta Bake is ooey gooey, filling and made with staples from your pantry!
One Pan Chicken
Not only do I love to make easy meals but I love it even more when there is minimal mess. Can I get a high five on that one? One pan meals are the absolute best because they taste great but don’t have a sink full of dishes to wash. With this recipe, you will get just that.
It’s ooey, gooey and cheesy good. I make a similar one with ground beef but found this recipe on the back of a package and knew that we had to test it out. Some of my favorite recipes have come from the back of packages. What about you?
How to make one pan chicken
Like mentioned, you don’t need much to make the magic happen for this meal.
Start by cooking your chicken in a pan – you will add olive oil to a sauce pan and cook until it’s golden brown on medium heat.
- Step 2 is to put all of the other ingredients in the pan! (except for the cheese and sour cream, that comes later)
- Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat and let it simmer with the lid on for 20-25 minutes.
I like to check throughout and stir to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Then top with shredded cheese and let melt for a couple of minutes.
Serve topped with sour cream if you want!
To serve on the side of this meal
I have a hard time knowing what to serve on the side of meals. Do you too? Here are some of my favorites that will go perfectly like this –
Other One Pan Meals
If you love one pan meals, here are some others to try out:
One Pan Chicken Recipe
One Pan Fiesta Bake
- 1 tbsp oil (I used canola oil)
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ c rice (uncooked)
- 2 c water
- 15 oz black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15.25 oz whole kernel corn
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded (I used Mexican Mix)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan.
- Add chicken and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients (minus the cheese and optional sour cream).
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Top with shredded cheese and let melt for a couple of minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream (optional).