A simple side dish that can be made in a matter of minutes, Roasted Zucchini Wedges will be your go to vegetable!
You might have seen me mention how my love for zucchini blossomed later on in life. When I was a kid, I didn’t like it much at all. Somehow I learned to love it and it became my go to vegetable. Luckily since I have been making it for years, my kids already love it too. This recipe is a simple one (my favorite kind!) but one you can refer to over and over for a side dish with any meal.
The most confusing thing for me has always been how to cut a vegetable when I read the directions. Might sound silly but I never know which way to go.. so I’m here to show you with pictures how to cut this roasted zucchini into wedges.
First you will wash your zucchini and get it ready on a cutting board by cutting off the edges on both sides:
Next you will slice it in half vertically. It should look like this:
Finally, you will cut it again, making the slices into wedges:
That’s the hardest part of this recipe! Once you’ve cut the zucchini into wedges, you will season and roast it in the oven. You’re looking at a total time of 15 minutes from start to finish for a healthy side dish.
There are tons of awesome zucchini recipes. You can make it the star of the meal, or more of a supporting role. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Baked Zucchini
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Topping
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Roasted Zucchini Recipe
If you love this Roasted Zucchini Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Roasted Zucchini Wedges
- 1 lb zucchini cut in half across the middle, then quartered length wise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic fresh, minced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cut zucchini with olive oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and spread zucchini wedges evenly on sheet, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast zucchini for 8-12 minutes, until brown (check every couple of minutes)
CONNECT WITH 30days!