If you’re looking for a good dinner recipe to try out, this is the one! Pesto Chicken wrapped into little bundles — mmmmm mmmm delicious!
I’ve made this chicken recipe for years! I found it a long time ago and made it for a big event for the women at church. It was a hit. People asked for the recipe. Every time I make it I wonder why I don’t make it more often.
You can either make pockets in the chicken or pound them to make them flat and then roll them up. It’s kind of a preference thing. I like them pounded but it takes a little more work than cutting a slit.
- 6 Deboned chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove Minced garlic
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup Flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 eggs
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- In a food processor combine basil, parmesan cheese, garlic and butter.
- Process until well combined.
- Cut a small slit in the side of the chicken breast with a boning knife, from that slit form a "pocket" in the chicken to stuff the butter into. (Can also pound the chicken out relatively flat and just roll it around the butter)
- Stuff all chicken breasts.
- Very lightly dredge them in the flour, dip them in the egg, dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on pan to cook.
- Cook at 350F for about 35-45 minutes.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
You’ll love these recipes too:
And you can get a whole e-book of my favorite recipes too!