Marshmallow Popcorn Balls – the easiest way to make popcorn balls using only a few ingredients! Ooey, gooey and absolutely delicious, this rainbow version will be your new favorite.
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
If you’ve made popcorn balls before, you know that the typical version can involve standing over the stove, using a candy thermometer. Who has time for that?! Enter the marshmallow popcorn balls that literally take minutes to make and taste so great. This version kicks things up a notch by adding some white chocolate and sprinkles to make them rainbow.
How to make popcorn balls with marshmallows
Let’s get to the good part and whip these treats up! You only need a few ingredients:
- popped popcorn (if you want to make them even easier, you can use pre-popped popcorn like Boom Chicka Pop!)
- mini marshmallows
- Lucky Charms cereal
- white chocolate chips (my favorite are Ghirardelli) -optional
- sprinkles – optional
Making these popcorn balls is similar to making Rice Krispies treats. It involves melted butter and marshmallows only instead of adding Rice Krispies cereal, you add popped popcorn! See full recipe below.
Tip: Use cooking spray on your hands to make the popcorn balls easier to handle.
With this recipe you can make 24 or 12, depending on the size you want. If you’re wanting larger popcorn balls, it will make less. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
To add a little extra, I like using a sandwich bag. A pastry bag could be used too but it would need to be cleaned, you’d need to find the right tip, etc. Using a sandwich bags takes two seconds and can be thrown away right after. Simply snip the corner off of the bag and go for it. The bigger the hole, the more chocolate will come out, so I like to make a tiny little snip.
Don’t these treats look colorful and fun!? They’re perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or anytime you want a delicious treat with minimal effort to make them.
Popcorn Recipes to Check Out
You’re going to love these other popcorn recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- ½ c butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 c popped popcorn
- 3 c Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted then remove from heat.
- Stir in popcorn until combined then add Lucky Charms.
- Wait until mixture is cool enough to handle with your hands. Spray hands with cooking spray to easily handle mix.
- Roll 24 (small) balls or 12 (large) balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let them cool fully.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave according to directions (50% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir until melted).
- Add melted chocolate to a sandwich bag and cut the tip off of the corner.
- Squeeze white chocolate over the top of the popcorn balls and add sprinkles to the top.