I love cute, simple gifts like this Reindeer Hot Cocoa. Are you following my Holiday Bake Craft & Crochet Series? By the end of the month Skip to My Lou, Your Homebased Mom and I will have shared over 100 fabulous handmade gift tutorials.
Each day be sure to visit the guest poster’s blog for a chance to win BIG! Up for grabs is a Cricut cutting machine, a Blendtec blender, a Baby Lock sewing machine and a $300 Michaels gift card! Grab a new entry every day! Visit Somewhat Simple today to enter to win the Cricut Machine and Holiday Crafting Bundle! Take it away Stephanie…
These reindeer hot cocoa packets are so simple to put together, and they make great holiday gifts for neighbors, teachers and friends! Here is how you make them….
- Plastic Bag*
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Googly Eyes
- Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Red Pom Poms
*I happened to have triangle-shaped bags for this project, but regular Ziploc bags work well for this too if you arrange the hot cocoa mix to one corner of the bag.
1. Measure your desired serving size of hot cocoa mix into a plastic bag. For the image above, I used several servings because my bag was so big. I made sure I included a tag telling the recipient how many spoonfuls to use per cup and how many serving sizes were in the bag.
2. Add some mini marshmallows to the top of the mix and seal off the bag by adding a brown pipe cleaner to the top.
3. Cut another pipe cleaner and twist around the mid-section of the pipe cleaner that is holding the bag shut to make antlers.
4. Hot glue the eyes and nose to the front of the bag to make the face.
And you’re done!
I’d love to have you stop by Somewhat Simple and see what else we have going on!
Here are a few of our most popular posts: