A few simple ingredients is all you need to take a white rice recipe from boring and bland to flavorful and delicious!
White Rice Recipe
If you’ve been around 30days for the last couple of years, you have most likely seen my Stick of Butter Rice. It was my Great-Grandma’s recipe that my Mom had and I begged her for it years ago because it is my favorite rice of all time. When I was at my Mom’s house recently, she made an equally awesome rice. It’s so dang simple but oh my word it’s good. And now I’m passing it on to you.
How to Cook Rice
Looking for more flavorful rice? You need a few simple ingredients. Here’s how you make it:
- Gather ingredients (in recipe below).
- Sauté the onions in butter and take in the smell. YUM!
- Add rice and sauté or a little bit more.
- Finally, add the chicken broth and when it starts boiling, turn down the heat to simmer.
In the end you’ll have the tastiest, easiest rice ever. YUM!!!
Standard rice recipes ask for 1 1/2 cups or 1 3/4 cups of uncooked rice to 1 cup of liquid. This white rice recipe falls within that standard ratio by using a 14 oz can of chicken broth to bring on the flavor.
Do you love rice as much as I do? Then you need to try these easy recipe too:
If you love this rice recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
1/2 Stick of Butter Rice
- ⅓ c onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 c rice
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- Saute onion in butter until clear, add rice and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!