Fried Rice Recipe – easy to make, low in calorie and delicious, this fried rice will become one of your go to recipes!
I’ve always loved fried rice. When I have a choice for white or fried rice, I choose fried every time. I had no idea how easy it was to make until a few years ago. I’ve converted my family to loving it as well and started making it large batches.
How to make fried rice
Fried rice is so much easier than it sounds. It only takes a few minutes and steps more beyond just regular plain white rice. While there are lots of recipes out there with variations of it, I prefer the straight forward version.
- Prepare 3 cups of white rice as you normally would. I like using a rice cooker because it comes out right every time – it’s always a 2:1 ratio. 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water.
- Break eggs into a bowl and add a bit of water before preparing scrambled eggs and setting aside.
- Heat package of frozen peas and carrots in microwave according to directions.
- In pan (can use scrambled eggs pan or fresh pan), spray with cooking spray, add vegetables, cooked rice, and soy sauce.
- Stir in scrambled eggs, and cubed ham (can use leftover ham, deli cut ham, etc) and cook for an additional one minute.
How many calories in fried rice?
Don’t let the name fool you – even though this is “fried” rice, it is a low calorie option. It became one of my go to recipes while doing Weight Watchers Online.
Based on the serving size, there are 281 calories per serving in this recipe.
Other Rice Recipes
Who doesn’t love rice? You’ll love these rice recipes too:
Fried Rice Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Ham Fried Rice
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 16 oz peas and carrots
- 3 c white rice cooked
- 1/4 c soy sauce *I like using Bragg's Aminos
- 1 c. ham, cubed leftover ham or deli cut can be used
- Spray pan with cooking spray and make scrambled eggs with 3 eggs + 1 tsp water. Set pan aside.
- Heat up peas and carrots in the microwave according to directions.
- Cook 3 c. rice according to directions. *I prefer using my rice cooker because it's easy and turns out great every time.
- Heat additional pan, add peas and carrots, cooked rice. Stir.
- Mix in soy sauce and scrambled eggs and cubed ham.
- Heat for additional minute and serve.