Do you need a simple solution for busy weeknights? Stock your freezer with crockpot freezer meals! I tried thousands of crockpot freezer meals myself and here are 18 healthy recipes that even my kids will eat (full shopping list included below!).
Why should I make crockpot freezer meals?
- There’s no cooking required ahead of time so they’re super easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in plastic freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
- They cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all.
- I can save money by buying the ingredients in bulk.
Since I’ve made thousands of crockpot freezer meals for my New Leaf Wellness blog, I decided to compile a list of my kids’ favorites. These would be perfect to prep for the busy back-to-school season. I have my hands full with four kids (ages 1-7 — and a fifth on the way!), so these meal will be a life-saver for us.
If you like this post, you’ll love these too:
- 31 Crockpot Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights
- 15 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 19 Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Crockpot Freezer Meals
Ready to get cooking? Here’s the list to get you started:
- Chicken Noodle Soup (all of my kids INHALED this last week)
- Turkey Black Bean Chili
- Shredded Chicken Quesadillas
- Shredded BBQ Pork (my one year old’s favorite)
- Meatball Veggie Soup
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Pesto Meatballs (can be cooked in the oven or crockpot)
- Sausage-Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers (yum!)
- Salsa Verde Shredded Pork Tacos
- Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole adapted from The Country Cook
- Mexican Chicken Chili with Cornbread Topping (even the cornbread cooks in the crockpot!)
- Chicken Tinga from Thirty Handmade Days
- Sweet and Sour BBQ Meatballs
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Beef, Lime, and Cilantro Chili (my kids will eat anything with cheese and chips)
- Sloppy Joe’s
- Beef and Broccoli
- Chicken Cacciatore (serve with spaghetti)
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all 18 at once, I typed up exactly how I assemble and cook each meal into a printable pdf (I even included a full shopping list!):
CLICK HERE to view and save the recipes and shopping list. No strings attached.