Get a jump start on your week with these healthy chicken crockpot recipes!
Healthy Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Can healthy food actually taste delicious? You betcha. It can even be easy to make when you focus on freezer meals for the crockpot. After making over 300 crockpot meals last year I figured out how to make healthy AND delicious crockpot freezer meals with the right combination of simple ingredients, spices, and family-friendly vegetables.Here are 19 healthy chicken crock pot recipes that I know you’re going to love.
Why stock your freezer with these healthy chicken crockpot recipes?
- You can make them when chicken breasts are Buy One, Get One at the grocery store and save a lot of $$$.
- None of the recipes require any cooking ahead of time so you can assemble all of them on a Sunday afternoon and be stocked with healthy meals for weeks to come.
- When you’re ready to eat all you have to do is dump a bag into the crockpot and dinner is done.
For me to consider these recipes “healthy,” they need to include…
- As few processed foods as possible
- An absolutely amazing taste! (Because who wants to eat healthy food that doesn’t taste good?!)
If you’re nervous about mixing raw chicken and veggies, let me assure you that it’s perfectly safe in the freezer. I did a lot of research when I was writing my No-Cook Freezer Meals eBook and the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service explains that freezing food inactivates any microbes that are present (such as bacteria, yeasts, and molds). Keep in mind that you’re going to cook the meals before eating them and people cook chicken with vegetables all the time.
To make crockpot freezer meals you will need:
These crockpot freezer meals are easy and delicious – and you probably already have a lot of items on hand. Don’t let the process intimidate you! Here are the few things that you need every time you have a prepping session:
- crockpot/slow cooker – there are sooo many but I like this one.
- ziploc bags – always have these on hand!
- baggie holders– not a necessity, but definitely helpful
Healthy Crockpot Chicken
So what are you waiting for? There’s a whole list of 19 to choose from and try out with your family –
- Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos from New Leaf Wellness
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks from New Leaf Wellness
- Chicken with Fresh Cranberry Sauce from my Crockpot Chicken Freezer Meals eBook and shared for free below
- White Wine Chicken with Artichokes from New Leaf Wellness
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Thirty Handmade Days
- Tex Mex Chicken from Thirty Handmade Days
- Honey Sesame Chicken from Damn Delicious
- Sweet and Sour Chicken from Thirty Handmade Days
- Shredded BBQ Chicken from New Leaf Wellness
- Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Stack from Thirty Handmade Days
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps from New Leaf Wellness
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Thirty Handmade Days
- Chicken Fajitas from The Humbled Homemaker
- Chicken Tinga from Thirty Handmade Days
- Ginger-Peach Chicken from New Leaf Wellness
- Italian Chicken from my Costco freezer meal prep session
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies from Damn Delicious
- Lemon Garlic Chicken from Allrecipes
- Southwestern Chicken Chili adapted from our favorite Southwestern Pork Chili Recipe
Dig in, Friends!
If you want to assemble and freeze all 19 at once, I typed up exactly how I prep and cook each recipe in this printable pdf (I even included a full grocery list!):
Other Crockpot Freezer Meals
If you love these crockpot freezer meals, you’re going to love these other freezer meals too. Please click each link below to find the ideas:
- 31 Crockpot Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights
- Kid Friendly Crockpot Meals
- 25 Freezer Meals with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 7 Freezer Meals to Make This Week
Thoughts or questions? Please leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can. I’d love to hear from you.