A twist on a simple classic, this Asian Coleslaw is one your family will love!
This post was originally shared from Kristyn of Lil Luna for my Funner in the Summer series.
I want to share with you an AMAZING recipe that is one we love to make this time of year – Asian Cole Slaw. It is super easy to throw together and is one of the side dishes/salads that is perfect for holidays or get togethers. Everyone who has had it loves it, and I think you’ll like it too!
If you’ve ever had salads with ramen noodle bits in it, then you know they add a crunchy and delicious touch to the dish. This cole slaw is no different and will be a hit at your next party!!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too:
Asian Coleslaw Recipe
- 6 oz Ramen Noodles (2 packages) without seasoning packets
- ½ c butter (1 stick)
- 1 c slivered almonds
- ½ c sunflower seeds
- 16 oz coleslaw
- 1 ½ c cooked chicken cubed
- ⅓ c rice vinegar
- ⅔ c sugar
- ⅓ c olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard optional
- Break up Ramen Noodles into small pieces and place in a pan. Add 1/2 cup butter, almonds, and sunflower seeds and cook for 8-10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- In a large bowl, add coleslaw, ramen noodle mixture and chicken.
- Make dressing by combining rice vinegar, sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well. Serve coleslaw chilled.
I love that this salad is so simple and perfect to enjoy this time of year!