Today I’m adding another good one to the slow cooker list- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup. This loaded baked potato soup has all of the fixings for a chilly day. It will warm you right up!
There are several recipes for slow cooker baked potato soup but I combined a few and loved the result.
Creamy, hearty and delicious. Of course this recipe wouldn’t be nearly as good without the garnishes- bacon, sour cream, and cheese.
- 6-8 russet potatoes, washed but not peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 c. chicken broth
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2½ tsp minced, jarred garlic
- 1 c. half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (+ whatever you want for garnishing)
- ½ Tbsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, bacon, broccoli, green onions, sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
- Mash mix until soup is slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and cheese. Top with garnishes and additional cheese.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too: