Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup – this loaded soup has all of the fixings for a chilly day. It will warm you right up!
Crockpot Potato Soup
There are several recipes for slow cooker baked potato soup but I combined a few and loved the result. Creamy, hearty and delicious. Of course this recipe wouldn’t be nearly as good without the garnishes- bacon, sour cream, and cheese. But the good news is that you and your family members can add whatever they want. Some kids like sour cream, some don’t. Some love bacon, others don’t. So this one is good for a crowd!
How to make soup in a crockpot
There’s nothing better than throwing a bunch of ingredients into a crockpot and having it turn into something that tastes amazing. Soups are one of my favorites for the slow cooker. They turn out delicious and make your whole house smell amazing!
Here’s what to do for this version in the slow cooker:
- Wash and cut russet potatoes.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, onion and minced garlic to slow cooker.
Note: I like to add a slow cooker liner because it makes clean up so much easier!
- Cook on high or low, following directions below.
- Using a potato masher or mixer, mash mixture after done cooking.
- Add half and half plus, stir.
- Ad cheese and mix.
- Serve with toppings!
How long does baked potato soup last in the fridge?
One of the best things about soup recipes is that they taste even better the day after. But how long are they good in the fridge? Each recipe is different, but this one will last for 3-4 days in the fridge. Which means you can get at least 4 helpings in (if you don’t eat it all on the first day!).
Other Soup Recipes
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too:
- Taco Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage Soup
I’ve made this soup on Halloween to go with my favorite cornbread ever. I put the ingredients in and just left it while I went to the kids Halloween parade. Anyone else love slow cooker recipes?
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- 6-8 russet potatoes washed but not peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 c chicken broth
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 ½ tsp bottled garlic minced
- 1 c half and half or heavy cream
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded (+ whatever you want for garnishing)
- ½ tbsp seasoning salt I used Lawry's
- Garnishes: shredded cheese bacon, broccoli, green onions, sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
- Mash mix until soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in half and half and cheese.
- Top with garnishes and additional cheese.