If you’ve read 30days for a bit, then you know how I am passionate about teaching my kids to cook. I posted about Kids Cooking Camp and made a Recipe Book for Kids. I’ve had several requests for more recipes that kids can make. Today’s Breakfast Biscuits not only taste great but they are easy to make and can be added to the Kids Recipe Book. (more on that below)
My youngest asks me almost daily to cook or bake with him. I love that he loves being in there with me and that he is learning kitchen skills at a young age. This recipe was so simple to whip up and he had fun making it with me. My sister suggested something similar to this while we were together for Christmas. I was excited to try it out because I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try and don’t have a lot of breakfast dishes that I make consistently. Thanks Jess!
Here’s what you need to get cooking! Refrigerated biscuits, shredded cheese, eggs, sausage roll and or bacon, milk, salt and pepper. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use it as a base and add whatever you’d like to it.
Drew was into squishing the biscuits into the muffin tin. He took this job seriously! He whipped the eggs, sprinkled the cheese. I browned the sausage while he was doing the other parts of the recipe.
Another awesome thing about this recipe is that you can make a big batch and save them for breakfasts on the go. They can be refrigerated or frozen. To freeze- wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then bag them all together. Let thaw and reheat in the microwave when ready.
My little chef and his finished recipe. Can you tell he’s proud of his work? And he gave it 2 big thumbs up!
Easy Breakfast Biscuits
- 8 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 oz breakfast sausage roll (or 3-4 strips of bacon)
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Generously spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits in half and push into bottom of muffin tin.
- Crumble and brown sausage roll or cook bacon.
- Add to the biscuits in the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Whisk eggs with milk and add salt and pepper.
- Pour a little egg mix into each muffin tin carefully.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through.
Add this recipe to your kids recipe book! For personal use only. Thanks.