Make these Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos ahead to reheat throughout the week!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
In an attempt to make sure my kids have a healthy breakfast before heading out the door and that our mornings run as smoothly as possible, I started making breakfast burritos to keep in the freezer. Just pull it out, pop it in the microwave and eat.
They are filling, yummy and packed with protein to keep their bellies full until lunch time.
To make this Breakfast Burrito Recipe, you’ll need:
Start by browning 1.25 pounds of ground turkey; season with 1 packet of taco seasoning
Add one (15 oz) can of black beans and one (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
Mix well and turn heat down to low to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a separate pan, saute two cups of spinach
In a small bowl, beat five eggs, five egg whites, 1/4 cup milk, one teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. When spinach starts to wilt, add egg mixture.
Stir constantly until eggs are scrambled. Add the egg mixture to the meat mixture
Add a heaping 1/2 cup of the filling to an 8″ whole wheat tortilla. Top with one tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Repeat.
Fold and serve
These burritos pack in approximately 20g of protein a piece and are only 320 calories.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
If you love this easy Breakfast Burrito recipe, you’re going to love these other breakfast recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
I wrap them individually and put in the freezer. On busy mornings, we just pop them in the microwave for 90 seconds, flipping over half way through.
Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
If you love this Breakfast Burrito Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Protein-Packed Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes
- 2 c spinach
- 5 eggs beaten
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 12-14 whole wheat tortillas
- Brown turkey until no longer pink; season with taco seasoning.
- Add black beans and tomatoes; mix well.
- Over medium heat, saute spinach until just starting to wilt.
- In a small bowl add eggs, egg whites, milk, salt & pepper.
- Add egg mixture to spinach; cook until scrambled, stirring constantly.
- Add egg mixture to turkey mixture; mix well.
- Add a heaping 1/2 cup to a whole wheat tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese. Fold & repeat.