Chicken Divan – a creamy, cheesy chicken casserole that everyone is sure to love!
This recipe is at the top of my favorite list. Right along side my Mom’s Chicken Enchiladas, it reminds me of home and is the ultimate comfort food. I can’t get enough and especially love having leftovers for lunch. This is the perfect recipe to make using Air Fryer Chicken.
What is Chicken Divan?
Chicken Divan is an easy casserole dish that has been around for a long time. It contains a cream base and broccoli, chicken and cheese with some type of bread topping. Other variations include parmesan cheese and some even include crunchy potato chips on top. This version is more basic and just the way I like it!
How to make Bread Cubes
While some recipes for Chicken Divan call for bread crumbs, my Mom’s recipe has bread cubes and I love it! It only takes one extra step but the crunch on the top of the casserole makes it mmmm mmmm good! Here’s how you make the bread cubes:
- Brush slices of bread with melted butter
- Cut or tear into cubes
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
See full recipe below for exact measurements.
Note: a toaster oven could be used instead of the oven to speed things up.
Other Chicken Recipes
Love chicken recipes as much as I do? Try some of our other family favorites:
- Chili Chicken
- One Pot Chicken and Rice
- Poppyseed Chicken
- French Country Chicken
- 21 Chicken Dinner Ideas Your Family Will Love
Chicken Divan Recipe
If you love this Chicken Divan Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 2 breasts chicken cooked, cubed
- 16 oz broccoli frozen can be used, cooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- In 9 X 9 casserole pan, arrange broccoli on bottom.
- Next top with cooked and cubed chicken.
- Stir soup and milk together, and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of mixture.
- Top with bread cubes.
- Cover with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Brush 4 slices of bread with melted butter.
- Cut into cubes.
- Arrange on tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.