Air Fryer Chicken is not only easy and quick, it’s great for meal prep and small meals!
Air Fryer Chicken
There are about 29103913091 ways to make chicken – bake it, roast it, grill it… and I’m going to introduce you to air fryer chicken. My love for my air fryer runs deep. It heats things up and makes them crispy in no time. This is a fast way to “fry” chicken (NOTE: it is not fried, but it will be cooked and crispy).
Before we get into how to do this, I want to make sure to cover the basics. Let’s do it:
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance/gadgety thing. It is NOT an actual fryer because that would mean whatever you’re frying is cooking in oil and fat. This machine is meant to give you the taste/texture of fried food without the fat. It’s a convection oven that sits on your countertop and you add food into the mesh basket of it. And you can typically make things quickly. Win/win!
Where do I get an Air Fryer?
You can get one pretty much anywhere you would buy any kitchen appliance – Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I bought mine on Amazon last summer when it was a daily deal. I had heard about them over and over and knew I should get one while it was on sale. Plus I didn’t have to leave my house and it was delivered to me in 2 days. The one that I got is currently unavailable but you can find tons of with good reviews here or here.
If you’d like to get accessories you can get all kinds of things!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken
You only need a few ingredients to make this chicken:
- garlic salt (or I like Flavor God Garlic Everything, too!)
- black pepper
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – the bigger the breasts, the longer you’ll need to cook them for. This recipe applies to (2) 6 oz. chicken breasts.
Once you make the chicken according to directions below, you could add it to salads, burrito bowls, use for meal prep, etc.
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
There are all different kinds of chicken you can make with your air fryer. With a little bit of time, give these recipes a go!
- Popcorn Chicken from Urban Bliss Life
- Chicken Tenders from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds
- Copycat ChickFila Chicken Nuggets from Hip2Save
- Extra Crispy Chicken Wings from i Food Blogger
And if you’ve already got it out, you might as well try these recipes too:
Air Fryer Resources
If you love this easy Air Fryer Chicken you’re going to love these other air fryer posts. Please click each link below to find the information.
- How Does an Air Fryer Work?
- Air Fryer Recipes and Resources
- Top Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Printable Cheat Sheet for Air Fryers
Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
CONNECT WITH 30days!
Air Fryer Chicken
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Combine melted butter, garlic salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with mixture.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Set to 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket and press start on air fryer.
- Once air fryer is done, flip chicken over and cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
- Your chicken needs to read at least 165°F at the center with a meat thermometer.