Chili Chicken Casserole – an easy family dinner idea made from just a few ingredients. This recipe is hearty and everyone loves it!
Chilli Chicken Casserole
The best kind of recipes are the ones handed down from good friends and family! This Chili Chicken Casserole recipe comes from one of my favorite friends and I’ve made it for my family over the last 15 years. It’s easy to throw together, tastes great on a cold day or anytime you want to hearty meal.
What is a casserole?
Casseroles often get a bad rap as being unhealthy and almost shameful. However, not all casseroles are made equal. Sure there are some that take minimal effort (like this one!) but there are others that are elaborate. They are usually in one dish and most often considered comfort food. Typically you don’t need to add much to the meal as casseroles can be very filling.
The term casserole is a broad one and all kinds of things qualify. Before you knock them, try a few types!
How to make Chili Chicken Casserole
While some might think it’s a Chinese or Indian recipe, this version is an old fashioned casserole dish. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight and is awesome to use pre-cooked chicken. Start the week off right by doing some meal prep and make air fryer chicken to have for meals.
To make this Chili Chicken Casserole you will need:
To make this recipe, you really only need a few things and you most likely have them on hand. Here’s what you need:
- 1 can of chili con carne, no beans
- boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
See below for the full recipe!
Mozzarella cheese can be added to this as well. And if you’d like to top with sour cream, you can do that too. My husband likes to eat this with rice. Serve it up with some roasted vegetables and you are good to go!
Other Casseroles to Check Out:
Chili Chicken Casserole Recipe
If you love this Chili Chicken Casserole recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 4 chicken breasts cooked, cubed
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chili con carne no beans
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix soups and chili together in a bowl, set aside.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: tortillas (broken up in small pieces), chicken, mixture of soups and chili, shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream (optional). Can be served with rice or pasta.