Easy to make, colorful and delicious Christmas Cookie Bars will be your new go to treat for the holidays!
Over the years I’ve made dozens, if not more, of Christmas treats during the holidays. We like to deliver treats to friends and family each year. These Christmas Cookie Bars are easy to make in bulk, don’t cost a lot and taste amazing. You should try them out to deliver to your friends and neighbors!
Other Christmas Treats
If you love this easy Cookie Bar recipe, you’re going to love these other Christmas treats. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
- Reindeer Rice Krispies
- Peppermint Homemade Oreos
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cranberry Pistachio Christmas Cookies
How to Make Cookie Bars
Normally I don’t share as many pictures of the process of my recipes. As I was making these cookie bars, I did step by step so that you can see exactly how they come together. The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
Quick tip: I typically soften my butter in our microwave since it has a “soften” setting. After I add all of the butter to the cookie batter, I set the butter wrapper aside to use on my cookie sheet. It’s perfect for this type of recipe that calls for butter and flour. Or you can use baking spray – that works too!
Oh and make sure to get yourself some of the best baking sheets. I swear by these!
After baking the base of these bars, you’ll break apart Hershey bars or whatever kind of chocolate you want to use. Like so:
Then stick it back in the oven to let the chocolate melt and spread it with a knife or a spatula.
Next add treats – I like Christmas color M & M’s but you can use whatever you’d like! Change up the colors and make these for other holidays too.
At the last minute I decided to use colorful sprinkles just because the bars look even more festive! Once the bars are cool (you can place them in the fridge to harden quicker), cut into triangles and pull them apart.
I mean, come on… they look so good and colorful don’t they?!
Cookie Bar Recipe
If you love this Cookie Bar Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30days!
Christmas Cookie Bars
- 1 c butter unsalted softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 c flour
- 6.8 oz milk chocolate Hershey Bar broken into pieces
- 11.4 oz M&M's holiday colors
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- Spread in a greased/floured cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 mins, until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and immediately place broken chocolate bar on top of the cookie dough.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes (keeping an eye on it), just to melt the chocolate.
- Take out of oven and spread the chocolate with a knife or spatula to the edges of the cookie dough.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Add M&M's to the top (nuts can be added too).
- Cut into triangles.
- Serve and enjoy!