Creamed Corn is the best kind of comfort food! Like the same says, it’s creamy and with this recipe you’ll love the cheese, crunch and casserole like version.
First made as a side dish for Thanksgiving, this recipe is at the top of my favorites. With so much rich, creaminess, and corn that is sweet, it almost feels like a dessert. Besides my mom’s recipes, recipes from old cookbooks or online. I found this one 10 years ago from a site that isn’t available anymore. It was a definite keeper!
What is creamed corn?
Chances are, you’ve had different types of corn over the years. But unless you are from the Midwest or the South, you might not have tried creamed corn. If that’s the case, you are definitely missing out!
Creamed corn is also known as cream-styled corn and common in those regions of the US. It is the utmost comfort food, as a version of sweet corn and almost soupy.
How to make creamed corn
There are lots of options for creamed corn. It can be made on the stove, stuck in the oven, or out of a can! (but I wouldn’t recommend that last one…) For this version, a base is made on the stove and then it is baked in the oven. The few extra steps are worth every second.
Cheese and crushed butter crackers to top off the casserole make it absolutely perfect!
Creamed Corn Casserole
While the word “casserole” turns a lot of people off, you won’t be able to resist this one. Cream cheese and mozzarella cheese make it so creamy and delicious. Butter crackers sprinkled on top help give it the perfect buttery crunch. I dare you to eat just one serving!
Other corn recipes
Do you love corn as much as I do? Check out these recipes:
- Oven Baked Corn on the Cob
- the Very Best Cornbread
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Corn Salsa
- Slow Cooker Mexican Corn on the Cob
Creamed Corn Recipe
If you love this Creamed Corn Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Creamed Corn Casserole
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 8 oz cream cheese whipped
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 10 oz frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c butter crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8 inch casserole dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cream cheese, and dissolve the chicken bouillon.
- Mix in the corn and season with pepper, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in the the heavy cream.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and top with crackers.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.