While I’ve always been a fan of corn on the cob, getting it straight out of the oven is my new favorite way to eat it. Mmmmmm mmmm!
For my outdoor summer party I was concerned about getting the timing of everything down. I knew that the food would taste good but could I make it all perfectly hot at just the right time. Instead of putting the corn on the cob on the grill, I decided to stick it in the oven. The end result was amazing!
I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to boiling (my typical method) or grilling!
If you like corn, you have to try these recipes too:
Corn on the Cob in the Oven
Here are the easy how to directions:
Oven Baked Corn on the Cob
- corn on the cob
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a jellyroll pan with nonstick foil and set aside.
- After washing and husking the corn on the cob, season your corn with salt and pepper.
- Add a pat of butter to the top of each corn on the cob.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, keeping your eye on it until it starts to brown.
- Rotate the corn about every 15 minutes to cook evenly.
- Add more butter straight out of the oven if desired.
I found the recipe for oven baked corn over on Hugs and Cookies. There were a few other recipes or ways of baking corn but this one was the easiest and I’m so glad that I went with it!
This corn is perfect for summer! But now I’m ready to bake it all year long.
Check out some other recipes that I served at my outdoor party: