I’m on a constant search for easy baked chicken recipes. This Farmhouse Chicken fits the bill. It doesn’t take much effort and my whole family likes it!
I grew up on a lot of chicken. My mom was really good about having dinner on the table every night and it usually consisted of some type of chicken, a vegetable and salad. Ahhhh the good old days. How I wish I didn’t take those amazing meals for granted. (and hopefully someday my kids will say something similar) . Since I’ve been cooking, I’ve tried out easy baked chicken recipes. Some of our favorites:
This Farmhouse Chicken reminds me of college when I made stuffing and ate it alone. Ha! Really and truly. I loved Stovetop and made it as much as possible. Talk about an inexpensive meal. I don’t make that stuffing very much anymore. I could probably count on my hands how many times over the years I’ve made it. But for this recipe, you’ll need a box of stuffing. And it is divine.
Do you love stuffing as much as I do? If so… you’ll die over this recipe!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 c milk
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 oz stuffing mix
- Saute onion, and prepare stuffing mix according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and then add flour.
- Stir until bubbly, then cook one minute.
- Slowly add in milk, stirring continually to avoid lumps.
- Add chicken, celery, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done and celery is starting to get tender.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
And your kids will love it too!