You can’t really beat a good breakfast recipe can you? We like cereal but I would eat one every day if I could! This is a super easy breakfast casserole recipe that you’ll refer to again and again.
I love love love breakfast casseroles. I don’t make them too often because I don’t usually think far enough in advance to make it happen. But this one is right up there with French Toast Souffle. So good! It’s savory and has all of the good stuff in it.
My boys love it because it’s nice and hardy with sausage and bread and cheese in it. They like the heavy stuff like that.
A couple of family members added some syrup to the casserole to make it a little sweet!
Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 slices cubed bread
- 6 eggs
- 1½ c. milk
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Fry sausage, chopping into small pieces; drain.
- Cube bread and add to a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix in fried sausage.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs then mix in milk, cheese, dry mustard; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and bread; lightly fold until all the bread is moist.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, put pan into a cold oven and set temperature for 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too: