I recently posted these St. Patrick’s Day Sandwich Cookies. How about another version? You’ll love these Shamrock Cookies.
I found shamrock cookie cutters at Michaels for $1. Yep, $1. So I created these, very similar to last week’s sandwich cookies, minus the filling. 4 ingredients. You can’t go wrong. When I asked my youngest if chocolate chip cookies were his favorite, he told me “No the St. Patrick’s Day ones.” Woohooo!
For this version, I rolled a ball of cookie dough and flattened it a little bit. I then used the cookie cutter and cut out the shamrock. After a little trial and error, this is what worked best for me. Originally I tried to roll out the entire dough into one big sheet instead of individually, but sadly that didn’t work. After cutting out the shapes, I placed them on the cookie sheet and baked them like normal.
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 15.25 oz white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c shortening
- green food coloring
- Mix cookie ingredients together. Add green food coloring to your liking.
- Roll into balls. Flatten and cut out with shamrock cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these other St. Patrick’s Day treats: