Last week I posted St. Patrick’s Day Sandwich Cookies. This week how about another version? Shamrock Cookies.
I found shamrock cookie cutters at Michaels for $1. Yep, $1. So I created these, very similar to last week’s sandwich cookies, minus the filling. 4 ingredients. You can’t go wrong. When I asked my youngest if chocolate chip cookies were his favorite, he told me “No the St. Patrick’s Day ones.” Woohooo!
For this version, I rolled a ball of cookie dough and flattened it a little bit. I then used the cookie cutter and cut out the shamrock. After a little trial and error, this is what worked best for me. Originally I tried to roll out the entire dough into one big sheet instead of individually, but sadly that didn’t work.
After cutting out the shapes, I placed them on the cookie sheet and baked them like normal.
- 1 package of white or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of shortening
- green food coloring
- Mix cookie ingredients together. Add green food coloring to your liking.
- Roll into balls. Flatten and cut out with shamrock cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
If you make these cookies- awesome! But if you want to share them, please link back here instead of posting the recipe. Thanks so much- enjoy!
I linked up this post to Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It!