Learn how to make lasagna the easy way with this Crockpot Lasagna recipe. All of the flavors are there with less work!
Lasagna has been one of my go to recipes for the last 20 years. My whole family loves it and it is a great, hearty meal. But on busy days, I don’t have the time make it and wait for it to cook in the oven. This crockpot version makes it so easy to throw everything together without having to time it just right. It’s got all of the rich flavors without nearly as much work.
How to make lasagna
Lasagna has been around for a really long time. While it is specifically a type of noodle – long and flat, when people say “lasagna” they are usually referring to the dish. The recipe has layers that alternate ingredients – typically pasta, sauces and cheese. It’s based out of Italy from way back in the 1400s! I’m sure it tasted a little different back then.
How to layer lasagna
Now that we’ve talked about where it came from and how to make it, you need to know how to layer lasagna. While I’m a firm believer that as long as it tastes good, it doesn’t really matter if it’s layered in a certain order. But there is a standard way of layering lasagna. Typically it is this:
- meat sauce
- cottage cheese/ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
When you are at your last layers, make sure that you end with mozzarella cheese on top. If you do that order, you should end up with a crispy, cheesy top and all of the delicious, meaty layers beneath.
To make this Crockpot Lasagna recipe, you’ll need:
This Crockpot Lasagna recipe is so easy and delicious – once you make it this way, you won’t want to go back to the regular way. Here’s what you need to make it:
- ground beef or ground turkey
- spaghetti sauce – this is a shortcut to not have to make your own!
- cottage cheese – ricotta can be used as well
- lasagna noodles
- mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- slow cooker or crockpot– this is the one I have
- cooking spray
- slow cooker liners
Other lasagna recipes:
If you love this easy Crockpot Lasagna recipe, you’re going to love these other lasagna recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
- Zucchini Lasgna– a lightened up version
- One Skillet Lasagna
- Mexican Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
Love this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe as much as I do? Please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30days!
- 1 lb ground beef ground turkey can be substituted
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 24 oz cottage cheese ricotta cheese could be substituted
- 16 oz lasagna noodles
- 2 c mozzarella cheese grated
- Brown ground beef or turkey over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat and let simmer.
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spoon a layer of sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 cottage cheese over noodles.
- Spoon another layer of meat sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat until you run out sauce/noodles, making sure to end with meat sauce and cheese.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for about 4 hours.