Mexican Lasagna is a yummy twist on an old classic – pasta with Mexican ingredients. Give it a try!
What I love about lasagna is that it takes a little work and tastes good every time. I’ve never made lasagna for my family that they didn’t like. And when everyone likes a meal – I call it a win. I also like that you can put it together and save it for later if you want. An easy way to do that is to put foil over the top and put the cooking directions, stick it in the freezer and then pull it out when you’re ready to heat up for your family.
My family loves all kinds of Mexican food and they love lasagna. This is easy one for me to make everyone happy! The spices in it are pretty mild but you could add more if you prefer.
Try it with Instant Pot Mexican Rice, a salad and call it good. Yum!
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- One Skillet Lasagna
- Easy Lasagna Bake from the Idea Room
- Lasagna Soup from I Heart Naptime
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
You’ll love this version of lasagna!
- 3 TSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 Tsbp chili poder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes or fire roasted chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. medium heat taco sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2½ c. shredded cheddar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil and ground beef.
- Season with chili powder, cumin and red onion.
- Brown the meat, 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and taco sauce.
- Add black beans and corn.
- Heat the mix through, 2-3 minutes then season with salt.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining olive oil, about 1 TBSP.
- Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with.
- Build lasagna in layers of meat, then tortillas, then cheese.
- Repeat (ending with cheese on top).
- Bake lasagna 13-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown.