This bread was originally posted by Emma of Crafting E.
Whole Wheat Bread
I love homemade bread. It is so yummy and (in my opinion) way better than breads you by at the store, however I don’t usually get around to making many breads though because they are so time consuming. It seems like have to commit to the bread the whole day. This one is different. It is so easy. It’s called a sweet bread, but don’t let the title mislead you it tastes just like normal wheat bread (with just a touch more sweetness) and requires no yeast.
Not only is this easy to make, but it is also yummy. In fact, my mom has made this bread for several other families and they have all asked for the recipe!
Other Bread Recipes
Love bread as much as I do? You’ll like these recipes too:
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
If you love this Whole Wheat Bread Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Whole Wheat Sweet Bread
- 2 tbsp shortening (for greasing pans)
- 4 c buttermilk
- 2 c brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 6 c whole wheat flour
- ¼ c wheat germ (optional)
- Grease 2- 9x5 pans.
- Pour butter milk into large bowl. Add sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in flour. Mix only until moistened. Mixture will not be smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops of loaves with wheat germ.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until bread pulls slightly away from the sides of the pans.