Favorite Recipe Link Up

Happy Friday!  I’m sure you have a favorite recipe- one that you know by heart and make over and over.  Today I’m asking you to link it up.   So far since the shake up, we’ve linked up:

Last week was another fabulous week.  These parties are so much fun.  I love reading the comments and found a lot of new blogs.  You guys- keep this up!
Now on to your favorite recipe. This can be a recipe (or two or three) that you’ve posted or one that you’ve found and love.  The one thing is that I ask that you link up recipes you’ve tried before.

Link up your favorite recipes!

The rules are simple:
Link up YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE. The one you or two that you love.
And then leave a comment for why you linked it up. And what you your favorite recipe posts are- do you love main dishes? Desserts?  Are you a vegetarian?  Share and I’ll try to make more of my favorites to post here too.

My favorite recipes are:
The ones my family requests over and over and over.  But not all together!

Our family favorite recipes

You can see all of the recipes that I’ve shared in my recipe index.
I’m going to continue to add to it!

—–> Up next week: Your favorite photography posts and blogs.  Such a big portion of blogging has to do with taking great pictures and styling.  Next week I’d love to have a collection of the best tips!

Comments

So, I was just lamenting to how I don’t post enough recipes – - in truth, cooking is one area in my life where I have room to grow – - but I do love appetizers and hot drinks, which are the two things I’ve posted on!

1) Apple Nachos – - so simple, so yummy, and a huge hit with everyone I’ve served them to.

2) Mulled cider, mulled wine, mulled gloog – - give me a warm cup of anything mulled, and I’m a happy camper. I included a link to the post where I shared the recipe that came from a Swedish shop our family loved (it closed down sadly).

Hope y’all enjoy, and I look forward to checking out the other recipes linked up!

Thanks for linking up Lauren! I love that you love appetizers and hot drinks. I seriously lack in those areas so you linking these two up are perfect!! Thank you!

I posted two items here. I am a newcomer to food blogging, and when I told my family I would be starting, they insisted that these two recipes be on the blog. In all honesty, I am not much of a dessert person. I posted the Giant Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls because that is a fool-proof cinnamon roll recipe that my hubby requests weekly. I also posted the Over the Top Onion Rings. They are literally requested at any late-night party, and I crave appetizers non-stop!

Thanks for the party and can’t wait to read others input!

1. Apple Kuchen – I just love apples, cinnamon and sweet bread and Apple Kuchen has all of it. A special friend introduced me to it and it is not overly sweet.

2 Hoot Owl Peanut Butter cookies – They are pretty, tasty and can be used for many special occasions or just to thrill my grandchildren. They are different from the norm.

3. Party Meat Pies – Just love them. The taste combination is just great. Fun for party or for snack time. I make them and freeze them and when I am watching TV and want something tasty I can pop one or two in the microwave and enjoy.

I have so many favorites that it is really hard to choose two or three. As I am writing this I am questioning my self if these are my favorites over others. Thank you for hosting. Blessings to you.

Hi Jo-Ann- thanks for those are some awesome recipes! I know how you feel- choosing one or two is tough. I went back and forth on which ones I should put as my favorites because we have lots that I make often. Have a fabulous weekend!

Hi, Mique, I linked up two of my favorites for Super Bowl Sunday: bacon cheesy potatoes and slow cooker taco soup. I am getting hungry just thinking about it! I love the way you’re switching up your link party. Thanks so much for hosting!
    Marty@Marty’s Musings

Great theme! In the winter, we love hot and hearty comfort foods, like meatloaf, so I linked my Plum Good Meatloaf. In the summer, our favorite dessert to have around is Banana Blueberry Bliss, because let’s face it, we all need a little bliss, ha!
    Thanks so much for hosting another great party!

Thanks for the fun again this week Mique! I didn’t join in last week because I couldn’t seem to narrow down my choices for a favorite blog enough and then life got busy and I never came back. I was having the same trouble narrowing down again today. So, I solved the problem by letting my 11 year old pick out the favorite recipe. It is a post from a while back, so the pictures aren’t as good as I would like, but it is a sweet post about making mashed potato doughnuts with my Aunt and my girls on our trip to visit family in AZ.
    Thanks so much for hosting! I hope your friday and weekend are great!
    KC

I linked up my recipe for oven-fried chimichangas because I want everyone to love them as much as my family does!
    Right now, I’m loving any recipes that are remakes of my family favorites. I’m enjoying learning to prepare healthier from-scratch meals and snacks for my family.
    Thanks for the party!

I linked up my chocolate chip nutella cookie recipe because I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. My favorite hands down. Nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie and add in Nutella and you pretty much have heaven.

I am three weeks into a month of eating the Wahls Diet which is all about eating the right nutrients for brain health. I’m sharing a recipe which may sound odd: Sardine Avocado and Citrus Salad. Have you ever actually tried a sardine? They are actually pretty tasty, reasonably priced and have lots of good nutrients like omega-3s, calcium and protein without the mercury that larger predator fish like tuna have. I ate them once a week while I was pregnant and I still do as a breast feeding mom.

I also linked up a post on several of the strategies I’ve developed to make sure I get all my nutritious food everyday:

Thanks for hosting!

Foy

I shared my favorite recipe for Oatmeal Cookies…with orange slice candies! I could eat the entire batch myself, which is why I typically only make them around the holidays. Yum!

11. Karen @MSEnthusiast says

There’s so many wonderful ones to choose from. I love appetizers. That 7 Layer Bean dip looks pretty awesome. I’ve been planning all of my gatherings with a budget calculator. It helps in the planning process and keeps everything economical.

All of the pics of food make me hungry…and I just ate :)

I shared my all time favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I have tried several and this one wins…the only real difference than the others, is the use of part oil instead of all butter…or maybe it is all my love that goes into it..either way they are so good!!

Thanks for hosting!