Pity Party 160

It’s that time again.  I’m excited you’re back to link up here.  As I’ve said before, I know it takes a lot of time and I appreciate you sharing your ideas here.  I’d love to know what you like about linky parties and what you would change if you could?  Leave me a comment below.  I’m working on some ideas to change things up.
This week these ideas stood out to me:

Happy Fall Banner!  Full tutorial at thinkingcloset.comSuch a fun Happy Fall Banner from the Thinking Closet

So cute and simple Washi Tape Wooden Bracelets from Michelle Lea Designs

Adorable boy Let’s Dig In Construction Party from  Just Us 4

closet button large
Because I reaaaaaally need this 31 Days to Organized Closets from I’m an Organizing Junkie

Make sure you grab these ideas from earlier in the week:
Practice makes progress printable quote from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Practice Makes Progress printable

Healthy Dinner Ideas: Burrito Bowl
Healthy, Simple, Delicious Burrito Bowl

Halloween Treats: Caramel and White Chocolate Caramel Eyes with printable From @30daysblog www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Apple of My Eye Halloween Printable

Visit my link up page with a whole list of other parties to link up to and how the Pity Party got started a couple of years ago.

A few Pity Party rules to keep in mind:

• Link up only your projects- no round ups, giveaways, or shop links.
  • Please add a link to Thirty Handmade Days in your post to let your readers know that you linked up here!
  • Stick around to visit other links and comment on other posts.
  • By linking up to 30days Pity Party, you are giving permission for me to feature your project with an image and link to your post.

Comments

Eeek! Mique, I’m so honored you chose to feature my Happy Fall banner. Thanks, girlfriend!

To answer your question, I like linkies for a lot of reasons: the first being the exposure party hostesses give to bloggers of all sizes. I remember when I first started off, getting featured in a linky party felt like such a huge deal! And it was because I really believe linky parties were what put my blog on the map so to speak, and they helped me connect with so many fantastic bloggers who I now call friends.

I also like gaining inspiration from my fellow linkers and also seeing the features each week; I often build my weekly Friday Five posts off of features I find during my linking up earlier in the week.

I also like when linky parties sometimes change it up (like you have done) and do a special theme or try out special rules for a change. It keeps things fresh!

That’s my two cents. Take it for what it’s worth!

I love that banner Lauren. Happy to feature it! Thanks for the comment- it’s so super helpful. I think we all get in the rut of linking up each week and want to get out of that dang rut and do something different. I’m hoping to switch it up and make it fun. I’ll keep you posted. xo

Hi Mique!
    I will ditto what Lauren said. :)
    And….I like it when recipes/food have a separate category in the same link party. Also…as a reader I like to quickly find the seasonal posts. It would be nice to have a seasonal section as well. But, I also know that some bloggers put their links in willy nilly…never reading what they are linking to. ;) So…that may or may not work. But I do like how Donna (Funky Junk) has her’s set up.
    I appreciate the photo size of the links here. Don’t we always love large photos?!
    It’s nice to be back after a little hiatus from partying.
    Happy Fall!
    ~Diane

Thanks Diane! And welcome back. ;) I like the idea of different sections, especially for the seasons. Fabulous idea. You can always tell when a holiday is fast approaching when there are hundreds of ________ (insert holiday here <——) posts linked up. Have a great weekend!

Hi Mique! Thx for the party…and here’s why I like ‘em:
    1) Link parties helped my blog get started and gain followers other than my mom
    2) I get to pay it forward by visiting others’ blogs and pinning their ideas
    3) I get to “meet” other bloggers that I might not normally see otherwise

The only thing I don’t like is the time it takes each week, and the repetitiveness of entering all my links on every party…which isn’t something you can fix, I don’t think. :)

Hi Val- thanks for the comment. I love that you want to gain followers other than my mom- I’m the same way. :) Your list is fantastic. And I wish I could help with the repetitiveness. Wouldn’t that be awesome? I do have some tricks though that might help. Have you used the “history” button on the new inlinkz? I didn’t realize that it was there until recently. Silly me! So all you have to click is “show history” and the links you’ve used for that week show up with the title and everything. It still doesn’t help linking you to so many parties, but it cuts back on copying, pasting, writing. Have an awesome weekend!

Hey Mique! I have always loved your blog and I think you are a wonderful person. Thanks so much for hosting this link up party! So excited to be a part of it! Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks so much for the time you take hosting such a fun party every week, Mique! As for thoughts on linky parties – honestly, I don’t have much I’d change about your party :D The photos are nice and large, it’s cleanly laid out so people can easily see everything, and you do awesome features. It’s fantastic!

Thank you for the linky party. It was easy to find and link up. I am new at this, so I appreciate linky parties to help me get my projects out there and also to check out other awesome projects and bloggers! Have a great week-end!

Mique, link parties have been a great way to get traffic to my blog. But most importantly, I have connected with some truly creative individuals. Blogging can be difficult to juggle and we all know that posting our projects takes the most time. :( That being said, sometimes I am just to tired to post or finish a project, so it is fun to live vicariously through all the wonderful talent out there via link parties. :D

Thank you for hosting, Mique. Have an exciting weekend! ;)