A year or so ago I got this recipe from my cute, sassy friend Becca from Blue Cricket Designs. I wasn’t sure how my family would take to it because it’s a) soup (I loooove soup but my boys? Not so much) and b) tortellini and sausage…. I just didn’t know if it would fly. On one particular cold, rainy day I decided it was worth a shot. They LOVED it so so much! It’s now my go to for chilly days. And I’m all about slow cooker recipes. They make my life so much easier if I can get my act together ahead of time.
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1 bag frozen green beans
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 32 oz. box chicken stock
- 1 9 oz refrigerator Cheese Tortellini
- fresh, shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Crumble 1 lb. mild sausage and place in slow cooker. *Sausage with casing can be used, just remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- Add tomatoes, diced onions, frozen green beans and seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add 1 box of chicken stock and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add cheese tortellini and cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Serve topped with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.
I have several other slow cooker recipes that I need to share here. But we love this soup: Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
And this soup hits the spot too:
Italian Turkey Soup And other easy main dishes that make my family happy: