Deviled eggs – the ultimate dish to make with leftover hard boiled eggs. Creamy, delicious and easy to make!
After making Instant Pot hard boiled eggs. use that recipe to make these perfectly easy and creamy deviled eggs. One of my favorite recipes for Easter, it wouldn’t be the same without this classic.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
- Make hard boiled eggs – my new favorite way is in my Instant Pot. It is the easiest way and makes the least mess. No more itty bitty egg shells to worry about!
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half, vertically.
- Scoop out yolks into a bowl and mix with mayonnaise, mustard, salt and white pepper.
- Fill yolk mix into sandwich bag and pipe it into the white part of the egg.
- Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Serve immediately.
A quick little tip: use a sandwich bag to pipe the yolk mixture into the hard boiled eggs. It’s inexpensive and mess free. Fill up a sandwich bag with the yolk mixture and snick the corner.
There are several versions of these kind of eggs but this is a classic recipe. It’s one that you can go to again and again. If you’re looking for a little twist, try these variations:
- Use dijon mustard instead of regular mustard
- Add jalapeño for a kick
- Serve with chopped up bacon
- Some people add pickle or relish to their deviled eggs
How far in advance can I make deviled eggs?
Eggs made ahead can be tricky. To keep hard boiled eggs without their shell, most people suggest storing them in water to keep them fresh. You can’t make them far in advance but if you want to time things just right, you can make parts of the deviled eggs ahead. Keep the egg white in plastic wrap or plastic bags, separate from the egg yolk filling. Make sure all of the air is squeezed out. This can be done two days in ahead of time. Then pull out the ingredients and pipe the eggs.
How long will deviled eggs last?
Deviled eggs only last for up to two days in the fridge after prepared. Since eggs can easily grow bacteria, it’s safest to transfer the eggs to the fridge two hours after preparing them. Do not let them sit out all day long!
Other egg recipes:
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these recipes that have eggs as a main ingredient:
- Breakfast Biscuits
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Burritos
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Pancakes – eggs serve as a binder for these pancakes!
Deviled Egg Recipe
Love this deviled eggs recipe? Please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 12 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard dijon mustard can be used
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Prepare hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
- Slice eggs vertically and scoop yolks out into a separate bowl.
- Mix yolks with remaining ingredients except paprika.
- Fill sandwich bag with yolk mixture, snip the corner of the bag.
- Pipe yolk mix into each egg.
- Sprinkle with paprika. (optional)