Meatball Sub Sandwiches – an easy, go to dinner idea that your whole family will love. Use quick ingredients to put these sandwiches together.
Even though I mainly make easy family dinner recipes, I typically forget about the suuuuuper easy ones. Like tacos or this recipe for meatball subs. With just a few things on hand, this recipe can be made in less than a half an hour. Serve it with some pasta salad, fruit and call it good.
How to Make Meatball Subs
There really is no other recipe that is easier than this one but your family will know no different. If you have a few minutes and a few ingredients, this is the perfect meal to make. Plus it keeps everyone full and happy. Let’s make it:
- First heat up meatballs in the oven. Any meatballs can be used (if you are fancy, you can make your own!) – Costco has a great option- and you can find frozen meatballs in any grocery store.
- Next, slice soft french rolls in half and butter the bottom half. Add sliced cheese and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Toast rolls in the often until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crisp.
4. Add marinara sauce (again, use whatever kind your family prefers) on top of the melted cheese, top with meatballs.
5. Finally add top of the soft french roll to your sandwich and serve immediately!
Other Sandwich Recipes
Looking for other easy and yummy sandwich recipes to try? Here you go:
- French Dip Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Ranch Chicken Wrap
Meatball Sub Recipe
If you love this Meatball Sandwich Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1 lb Italian meatballs frozen
- 6 french rolls soft
- marinara sauce your preferred marinara sauce
- provolone cheese slices
- butter softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place meatballs in an 8x8" pan and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half and butter bottom half.
- Add sliced cheese to upper half and place rolls on cookie sheet.
- Toast for about 5 minutes in oven until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crisp.
- Add desired amount of heated marinara sauce to bottom of subs and top with meatballs.
- Serve right away!
Blossom Smith says
Drooling over here. These meatballs look so insanely good- that sauce could go on just about anything and I think I’d eat it up!