Not only is this 5 Ingredient Tamale Pie simple and delicious, it can also be customized to your liking so that even your picky eaters will be satisfied!
This recipe was originally shared by Stephanie from Somewhat Simple for Funner in the Summer.
One of my favorite things to do in the summer with my 5 kids is cook and bake. I like to reserve 1 day a week to teach them a new recipe – either a sweet treat or a delicious meal. This Tamale Pie recipe is one I just made with the kids last week – and it was a hit! Not only is this meal super simple and delicious, it can also be customized to your liking so that even your picky eaters will be satisfied! Now grab those kids and meet me in the kitchen…
How to make Tamale Pie:
You pretty much couldn’t get any easier than this recipe. With only five ingredients, it’s one of those last minute dinner ideas that the whole family will love. Here’s what you need to make it:
- ground beef
- can of whole kernel corn
- corn muffin mix
- shredded cheese
- saucepan to brown the beef
- 9×13 casserole dish
- wooden spoon to stir
Note: you can have toppings for your family members to add such as: olives, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, etc.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes:
If you love this easy Tamale Pie recipe, you’re going to love these other easy dinner recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Tamale Pie Recipe
If you love this Tamale Pie Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30daysblog!
5 Ingredient Tamale Pie
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 15.25 oz whole kernel corn undrained (or you can use 2 cups of frozen corn and 1/4 cup of water)
- 16 oz salsa
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 17 oz corn muffin mix (2 boxes)
- *Feel free to add whatever else you like - olives, green onions, diced tomatoes, etc.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Rinse and drain.
- Add the corn and salsa to the beef - mix until combined.
- Pour the beef mixture into a 13 x 9 casserole pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix the corn muffin mix according to the package directions. Spread the batter evenly on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Trust me – make this and your family will love it!