I’m so excited to share this new recipe for Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken. It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
What’s so great about this recipe for Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken?
- It’s naturally sweetened with a cup of apple juice. That means you only need to add a bit of brown sugar AND it has enough liquid to be cooked in an Instant Pot.
- It can be cooked fresh or frozen (raw) and cooked later.
- It’s simple and delicious!
I love that this recipe is so simple. I’m busy with four little kids (and a fifth on the way!), so having dinner waiting in my crockpot is a big relief at the end of the day. Is anyone else a fan of easy and healthy crockpot recipes?
I shared my favorite recipes for crockpot chicken teriyaki and crockpot honey garlic chicken earlier this year, and there are hundreds of other options on my New Leaf Wellness blog.
A lot of sweet Hawaiian crockpot chicken recipes are made with soy sauce, but I think that only takes away from the sweetness. I like to omit it altogether. Give it a try my way – you can always add some soy sauce on top when serving if you think it needs it.
I like to serve this sweet Hawaiian chicken over rice (made in my programmable rice cooker, of course). Super easy and yummy.
Easy and Healthy Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts fat trimmed and cubed
- 3 rainbow bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow), cut into chunks
- 1 sweet yellow onion cut into chunks
- 1 c 100% apple juice
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz pineapple chunks in 100% juice undrained (not needed until day of cooking)
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
Thoughts or questions? Leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can. X+O, Kelly
You’ll like these recipes too:
Melissa Ivester says
Do you have an ebook that has all of you make ahead crock pot meals in it?
Kelly @ New Leaf Wellness says
There are a TON of crockpot freezer meals in my cookbook eBooks, but they are mostly exclusive recipes. That means they appear in the books and no where else – definitely my best recipes though!