How to make nachos in the oven with as many toppings as you’d like! Learn the tips and tricks to make the perfect nachos in a short amount of time that your whole family will love.
Growing up in the San Diego area, my love for Mexican food runs deep. If I had to choose one type of food to eat forever, I’m pretty sure Mexican food would win out. Nachos has always been at the top of my love list. I used to make nachos that stuck together until I learned how to make these.
How to make nachos
Microwaving, using the slow cooker to heat up cheese, in the oven – there are a lot of ways to make nachos that will taste good. Making nachos in the oven has become my favorite way because the cheese to chip ratio is controlled. Here are the steps to make them:
- Use a sheet pan (these sheet pans are my all time favorite) and roll out tin foil for easy clean up.
- Line pan with one layer of chips. Having chips separate from each other is important because ingredients will get evenly distributed. This is key!! The cheese won’t stick together and the nachos will turn out best this way.
- Heat refried beans on the stove or in the microwave.
- Prepare desired meat – my suggestions are: pot roast, pork carnitas or crockpot chicken.
- Spread layer or beans on each individual chip.
- Top with meat and then 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with an additional layer.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add desired toppings.
Quick tip: I like to add sour cream and/or sriracha sour cream into bottles for easier (and prettier) distribution. To make it easier to squeeze out, thin out the sour cream with a little bit of milk.
Really, topping ideas are endless. The great thing about nachos has and always will be the toppings! Here are some favorites:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Sriracha sour cream – make by mixing the two.
Other Finger Foods
Like this recipe? Then you’ll like these too:
If you love this Oven Nacho recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1 bag tortilla chips large
- 1 lb ground beef pot roast, chicken, pulled pork can be used
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add one layer of tortilla chips to the baking sheet, no overlapping.
- Heat refried beans - can be done in microwave or stove top.
- Add 1 TBSP of beans per chip, individually.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese (1 c) on each chip.
- Add another layer of chips and repeat again.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, avocado, etc.