Some greens, apples for crunch, and pasta- this Tortellini Salad will be one of your new favorites!
This recipe was originally shared from Somewhat Simple for my Funner in the Summer series.
I love a good salad. Especially one that isn’t the typical recipe. This salad recipe is a little bit different than other salads that I’ve made. It has some fruit in it – apples and mandarin oranges. It has pasta in it – yum! And it has a homemade dressing. I love homemade dressings so much! Why do they always taste so much better than store bought? And they aren’t hard to make.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
This salad in particular is refreshing and would be perfect for summer. It would be great to take to a potluck. Not your typical potluck food!
Here are some other tortellini recipes to try:
- Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- Cold Tortellini Pasta Salad from the Idea Room
- Italian Sausage Tortellini from Kevin & Amanda
- 3 tbsp concentrated apple juice (can be frozen)
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar firmly packed
- ⅛ tsp garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 c apples chopped
- 2 c salad greens shredded
- 1 c mandarin orange slices or strawberries when accessible
- ½ c celery thin sliced
- ¼ c green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Combine apple juice concentrate, corn syrup, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate. Set aside.
- Cook the cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and cool thoroughly.
- In large mixing bowl combine tortellini and remaining ingredients.
- Toss gently with apple juice dressing and serve immediately.
Charlene Poteau says
Needed. Nutrition information…