There’s a new kid on the block. It’s the Air Fryer and it’s about to take over the world.
These days we’re all about making good meals that our families will love that don’t take a ton of time, right? That’s why I have a ton of slow cooker meal posts, freezer meals, and how the Instant Pot came to be so popular over the last couple of years. Well today I’m going to introduce you to something that more and more people are talking about – the air fryer.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance/gadgety thing. It is NOT an actual fryer because that would mean whatever you’re frying is cooking in oil and fat. This machine is meant to give you the taste/texture of fried food without the fat. It’s a convection oven that sits on your countertop and you add food into the mesh basket of it. And you can typically make things quickly. Win/win!
Where do I get an Air Fryer?
You can get one pretty much anywhere you would buy any kitchen appliance – Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I bought mine on Amazon last summer when it was a daily deal. I had heard about them over and over and knew I should get one while it was on sale. Plus I didn’t have to leave my house and it was delivered to me in 2 days. The one that I got is currently unavailable but you can find tons of with good reviews here or here.
If you’d like to get accessories you can get all kinds of things!
Get an Air Fryer Cheat Sheet here!
Air Fryer Tips
These are awesome posts that will help you get started on this journey with your new AF!
- General Tips for Air Frying
- 6 Tips to Get the Most out of Your Air Fryer
- Much like the Instant Pot one, there’s an AF Facebook Recipe Group
- Air Fryer Recipes for the Complete Beginner
Air Fryer Recipes
Some awesome recipes to try out. You can’t go wrong with them:
- Baked Potatoes from Courtney’s Sweets
- Fried Green Beans with Garlic Sauce from Pickled Plum
- French Fries from a Pinch of Healthy
- Onion Rings from Recipe This
- Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwich from This Old Gal
- Pork Taquitos from Just Plum Crazy
- Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fried Pickles from Cadry’s Kitchen
- Make a Chocolate Cake in an air fryer from Spaceships and Laserbeams
- French Toast Sticks from Recipe This
Have you used an air fryer before? What are some of your favorite recipes and things to make?
If you like this post, you’ll like these too: