Looking for some indoor preschool activities? From art to science to math and more, we’ve got you covered!
There are so many amazing resources out there for preschoolers. With a little help from a parent and/or older sibling, all of these preschool activities can be a ton of fun for little kids. Meant for kids aged 3 years old to 5 years old, this age group is unique as they want to be independent but aren’t quite there yet. Have some patience and help them explore and create!
Art Activities for Preschoolers
Doesn’t every preschooler like art? They get to play and make messes! Here are some fun art ideas:
- No Mess Painting Activity
- Rainbow Rainy Day Art
- Under the Sea Stained Glass
- Fluffy Slime – this one would be best with close supervision!
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- Spray Chalk
- Orange Scented Playdough
Science Activities for Preschoolers
Now is the time to show – science can be a blast! With these simple ideas, you can’t go wrong:
- Magnet experiments
- Color changing flowers
- Fizzing ice experiment
- Weather science experiments
- Butterfly life cycle
Math Activities for Preschoolers
Math at this age can be a little bit tricky, but start with the basics and build on them.
- Monster Counting Activity
- Dinosaur Roll and Cover
- Goldfish Counting
- Fish Number Puzzles
- Vegetable Matching
Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers
Fine motor skills are vital in kids growth. They *need* to be able to grip a pencil and use those skills. These ideas should help:
- Journal pages
- Alphabet Sensory Activity
- Unicorn Fizz
- Confetti Cutting Practice
- First Learn to Write Book
- Monster Dot to Dot Pencil Grip Activity
Misc Preschool Activities
A few more ideas that don’t really fall into any category:
- Kids Cooking Camp– get your kids in the kitchen with you!
- Best Kid Movies– some fun movies that you can all watch together
- 5 Reasons Why Kids Need to Help Clean– with a chart for chores for different ages