Wondering what the very best walking shoes for travel are? I’ve gathered my very favorites that I take with me on all of my trips.
I have been traveling more for work over the last couple of years. As much as I enjoy travel, I never really thought that I’d do it as a part of my job. But here I am! I’ve gotten better about what to pack, getting it all in a carry on for the most part (except for my trip to Iceland – I was worried I was going to freeze to death!). Something that I’ve found that makes a big difference? SHOES. They can make or break a trip. Let’s chat about the best walking shoes for travel.
If you like travel posts, check these out:
- Things to Do in New York
- What’s it really like to go on an Alaskan Cruise?
- Things to do in Kauai
- Must do things in Park City
Best Walking Shoes
These are the shoes that I take on pretty much every trip that I go on. They are the best walking shoes. I don’t get blisters. My feet don’t hurt. I know that I’ll be okay if I wear these:
- I got New Balance shoes after one of my friends was wearing them on a trip I was on. They looked cute and she said they were super comfortable. I bought a pair and have since bought a few more. I can’t get enough of them.
- I’ve had Tieks for several years now. They are cute, easy to shove into any backpack or suitcase and go with all kinds of outfits. I have to admit that some are more comfortable than others. The black ones are my least comfortable but the ones that I wear constantly are the gold ones. They are suuuuper broken in and I love them. Check out my Tieks review follow up.
- Ecco Damara Strap Sandals – I got these as a recommendation from my friend LeighAnne who travels a lot. She was wearing them in a picture and I asked about them. I got them and fell in love. They are cute with all kinds of outfits and so comfortable. They are perfect for any spring or summer trip!
- Universal Thread Kessie Slide Sandal– I recently bought these sandals (they are newer from Target) and have worn them on a couple trips already. I walked all over Austin and they were so comfy! I will say that I had to get a bigger size than normal – I usually wear a size 8 but I got a size 9 in these. They were pretty narrow. But I couldn’t be happier with them. Another good one for dresses or to wear with white jeans or regular ones.
- Mossimo Lula Flip Flops– I have gotten these every year for the last few years. I wear them all spring and summer. And often throughout the year – it’s warm in SoCal year round remember? They also easily fit into my luggage and I know I can wear them with whatever I pack. They are great to walk to a pool or beach in too.
- I got these Sorel boots to wear on our Alaskan cruise. They happened to be on sale when I needed some boots and I totally lucked out. They are amazing!! They kept my feet super warm and were like walking on clouds. I can’t say enough about these shoes. If you are going anywhere cold, these boots are a must.
So there you have it – my favorite walking shoes for travel. While I have over 70 shoes (yes! I need to get rid of more) – these are my go to shoes that I take with me while I travel. What are your favorites? I’m always looking for more, especially if they are comfortable and cute.