What better way to kick it off then with a summer bucket list? With an editable checklist, you and your family can have a bunch of fun together!
Summer Bucket List
There are lots of different opinions about how summer should go. Some people think kids should sleep in, relax and do whatever they want. Others think that they should be on a set schedule and keep a routine. We fall somewhere in the middle – see printable summer rules. Some structure, some relaxation is the balance I try to keep.
If you like this idea but want a different variation, check out this BINGO version.
Summer Bucket List Ideas
My site is full of all kinds of ideas that can be done in the summer but here are some of my favorites:
- $1 Summer Movies– take your kids to see (older) movies for $1. We’ve done this for years!
- Read a whole bunch with these Reading Challenge Bookmarks– make a list before you go to the library
- Or try out this reading game – isn’t it so cute?
- Learn how to play card games – we’ve shared our favorites over the last little bit
- Color this summer coloring card– there are some other fun coloring pages.
- Play some fun family games – these are our all time favorites.
- Watch the best 80’s movies and 90’s movies – such a fun thing to do with your family.
- Fill in a summer journal– journaling is always a good idea!
- Write summer letters– nothing is better than snail mail, right?
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt– easy way to get out of the house and explore.
- Teach your kids to cook– it might be messy at first, but it’s such a great skill.
- Summer Activities for Kids– if you haven’t seen enough ideas yet, here are some more.
Craft Ideas for Kids
Are your kids into crafts? Here are a few ideas that they can tackle throughout the summer:
- Make some slime– I know, I know. You might be sick of slime. If you’re not, give this list a whirl.
- Teach your kids to sew– no sewing machine required.
- Straw Building – doesn’t cost much and will keep the kids entertained for hours.
- Perler Bead Crafts – the possibilities are endless with Perler Beads!
- Make some Orange Scented Playdough
Download this printable. For personal use only.