Wanting to help you reach your goals this year, this is my guide to new year’s resolution!
For me, the new year means a fresh start. I know there are people who prefer not to make “resolutions.” Other people want to jump all in and make LOTS of resolutions. I fall somewhere in between that. I like the time to look back and reflect on the last year and to look forward to the new year. But I don’t love the pressure of resolutions. This post is meant to inspire and encourage you to tackle the things you’ve always wanted and/or needed to do. Even if you do just a couple, you’ll be ahead of where you were last year, right?
New Year Resolution Ideas
These are the ways that you can track your resolutions/goals/whatever you want to call them:
- Printable New Year’s Resolution – Kids Year in Review
- New Years Resolutions for YOU
- Goal Trackers
- All Inclusive Binder – help you tackle your new year resolutions like never before!
How to budget
I know budget is like a four letter word. People don’t really want to do it. But budgeting is meant to set you up for the future. There are a lot of ways to do it. I prefer the simple, straight forward approach.
- Budget Binder
- Mini Budget Binder
- Printable Tax Forms for your budget binder
- 1 year money saving challenge
- Cashless Cash Envelope System
- Guidelines for teaching kids about money
Related to budgeting and how to manage money involves your credit. I have several posts on this too since I married a bill collector!
- A Bill Collector’s Guide to Excellent Credit
- How to Fix Your Credit Score NOW
- Simple Steps You Can Do Now To Re-Establish Your Credit
- How to Get Into the 750+ Credit Score Club
How to be organized
People are often surprised to find out that I’m not organized. I share A LOT about organization but if you came to my house you’d see how there are things everywhere and not everything has a place. It’s a constant goal for me to be organized and something I have to work hard for every day.
- Today I Will … printable
- How to Use Binders to Organize Your Life
- Updated Family Binder
- Meal Plan Template
- How to Get Your Family to Clean Up and Be Organized
- 6 Actions to Take Today For a More Organized Life
- All Time Favorite Organizational Products
- 10 Insider Tips to Get Organized in the New Year
- To Kon Mari or Not – that is the question
To me, cleaning goes hand in hand with organization. Here are my top cleaning posts:
- Printable Weekly Cleaning Schedule
- 15 Minutes a Day Cleaning Schedule
- Cleaning Tips for Every Day
- How to Clean the Kitchen
- Speed Clean the Bathroom
- 5 Reasons Kids Need to Help Clean
- 10 Laundry Tips
How to get in shape
Wahhhh. Not my favorite topic. It’s something I’ve always struggled with. The older I get, the more I know how important it is to eat healthy and get into shape.
- Health and Fitness Binder
- 15 of the Best Women’s Health Hacks
- Running Tips for a Beginner
- Crossfit – the Basics from a Newbie
- The Most Comfortable Workout Clothes Ever
This goes right along with getting in shape. It might not be the most fun but finding good recipes helps in a major way. A huge deal for healthy eating is meal prep – check out my Meal Prep Ideas post to get all the details. Also see – Easy Tips to Meal Planning.
I have a section for healthy recipes but here are some of my favorites:
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls
- Blender Muffins
- Blender Pancakes
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Berries and Chicken Spinach Salad
- Lightened Up French Onion Soup
- Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
- Avocado Chicken Wrap
- Homemade Lara Bars
If you have a hard time making healthy meals, you should consider make ahead freezer meals. Here are some to try out:
- 17 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals
- 19 Healthy Chicken Crockpot Meals
- 31 Easy and Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals
We’ve been told at church that we should be prepared for emergencies. There have been soooo many natural disasters and tragedies over the last little bit. Now is the perfect time to prepare for those emergencies.
- 25 Emergency Preparedness Hacks
- 1 Year Food Storage Challenge
- Emergency Checklist
- Emergency Action Plan
- What to do in a Financial Emergency?
- Travel Emergency Kit
Whatever your top resolution is this year.. I hope to help you take it on! Let’s do this..